For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal.
    ~2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Monday, May 19, 2014

Why Should I Go to the Doctor?

I hate being sick.

On one particular puny occasion, I woke up with a tingle in my throat and a runny nose, and by the end of the day, my head felt like it was stuck in the my washing machine’s spin cycle. Every body part minus my toes ached. When I realized I was too blah to even stop the kids from smacking each other around, I knew my optimism for healing was misplaced optimism. Off to the doctor I flew. I had an upper respiratory tract infection, URTI for short. That was me, Gina, the hurtie with the URTI. 

Why do we wait until we're miserable before we go to the doctor? Because we think we can solve our sickness on our own.

Every person goes through trials and tribulations. The easy solution is to take Job’s wife’s advice and “curse God and die.” Weakness isn’t admitting you need help. Weakness is suffering when someone or something is available to help you if you’d just ask.

Do you struggle with balancing family and/or job responsibilities with your desired time to _____? Do you batter envy and frustration over other people’s successes? Do you feel like you’re the only person in the world without _______?

Strength isn’t suffering through what you’re experiencing.

Strength is admitting your burdens, struggles, and failure and accepting the available help.

Now Jesus returns to prayer, an important and sometimes difficult topic. Here He gives the very essence of prayer. 
Just ask and it will be given to you; seek after it and you will find. 
Continue to knock and the door will be opened for you. 
All who ask receive. Those who seek, find what they seek. 
And he who knocks, will have the door opened. 
~Matthew 7:7-12a

No comments:

Post a Comment