For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal.
    ~2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Monday, June 30, 2014

Pantser? Plotter? Sometime else?

QUESTION FROM A READER: So do you layer as you write or do you wait until you finish your first draft and go back and layer? Just curious...

I understand how some writers just write a first draft without thinking too much about what actually falls out on the page. I can't. 

I layer as I go. When I begin the day's writing, I generally read the previous scene, or chapter, to get a feel for the mood and the characters. Then I tackle the new scene. Writing with an Alpha Smart where I couldn't go back and edit as I go . . . oh dear, that sound torturous to me. 

How do you write? Have you tried other ways?

No comments:

Post a Comment