For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal.
    ~2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Monday, August 18, 2014

Should I Go to a Plastic Surgeon?

I paid a visit to the plastic surgeon. Out of necessity.

College Boy burned his calf. He was in 8th grade at the time. Two days before his birthday, he decided to ride a motor bike . . . and conveniently forgot to ask how to make it stop going forward. He improvised by using a fence. Thus to Minor Care. Thus thus (after a referral) to the plastic surgeon. The whole time the doc was explaining care and possible worst-case-scenarios of the wound, I couldn't stop wondering if he was evaluating my potential to be his next patient. It's a rather creepy feeling. Plus he looked like an older, shorter Tony Romo, and then I couldn't stop wondering if he'd had plastic surgery done.

Good news: College Boy did not have to have a skin graft. 

Bad news: He hadn't been cleaning the burn well enough each time he replaced the bandages, so I had to check the wound. Blech. If I'd wanted to be a nurse, I'd have gone to nursing school.

Sometimes we have to deal with unpleasantness.

Good news: Kids grow up.

Bad news: Every year somewhere in the United States a tornado destroys homes and kills people, and causes all sorts of unpleasantness. And if it's not a tornado, it's flood. Or a hurricane. Or a fire. Or a man-caused disaster. Or Black Friday. No matter the unpleasantness . . .

God is still God.

God is still good.

We're just living in light of eternity.

6 comments:

  1. I am delighted to come to such a wonderful blog. I am really very impressed to read from top to bottom. I read every single line and understand the essence of every single word. I appreciate all efforts.
    Breast Reduction surgery

    ReplyDelete
  2. creativity of writer is purely impressive. It has touched to the level of expertise with his writing. Everything is up to the mark. Written perfectly and I can use such information for my coming assignment.Facelift Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://liasiansun.blogspot.com/2019/03/park-bom-comeback-with-springhow-her.html?showComment=1579602362716#c828034564556056337

    ReplyDelete
  4. The depth of articles can easily be felt of this blog. Very precise and straight to the mark. I understood easily the matter of fact which the author of this blog wanted to deliver through his thoughts. Looking for more.
    Abdominoplasty Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really nice to read content of this blog. A is very extensive and vast knowledgeable platform has been given by this blog. I really appreciate this blog to has such kind of educational knowledge.
    Abdominoplasty Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  6. this blog has really good info. if want to get info about surgery kindly Visit Body Reshaping Treatment in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete