For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal.
    ~2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Monday, October 13, 2014

Do You Think You Succeeded on Your Own?

Some of us have deadlines, some don't.

Some excel under them, some live in denial of them, some gain five pounds after eating chocolate to get through them.

A few years back I went through the Beth Moore Bible study, Esther. It's amazing. You can download her video series through itunes or on lifeway.com. Well worth the price. 

At the end of Esther's story, she, with full authority, wrote a decree and whatnot. What stood out in my spirit wasn't what Esther did. It was what Beth said next in the video. I tried to write verbatim, but pardon any me additions.

"While we are complete in Christ, we will never fulfill our destiny unless we operate 'together with.' We need people to go, to do things 'along with.' You might be surprised what they bring out in you. The joy is unspeakable."

God used that to remind me of all the ladies over the years who have been my "along withs" in my writing journey. 

  • On Charlotte Dillon's online RWC list, writers like Lynne Connelly, Allison Brennan, Shirley Jump, and Linda Winslow helped me understand deep point of view and how to judge and critique.
  • Over at Romance Divas, Jax Cassidy and Kristen Painter gave me an opportunity to share my crazy links of life to writing. I never saw my self as an article writer, but there I was doing it. 
  • Best part is through R-Divas I met Camy Tang who encouraged me to join ACFW. Camy didn't just introduce me to fellow Christian writers, but she directed me to writing resources that have greatly expanded my knowledge of writing, as well as humbled me in the process.
  • Through ACFW, I met Therese Stenzel who began the ACFW European historical writers chapter (His Writers). 
  • Then there are the ladies of the Seekerville blog. Oh. My. Stars. They're like Krispy Kreme donuts that are actually healthy and good for you.
  • Pamela Griffin, Laurie Alice Eakes, and Jennifer Hudson Taylor who welcomed me into their anthology proposal, which lead to my first sale.
  • My Inkwell Inspiration sisters.
Never underestimate the impact you have in the lives of others.

Who are your "along withs"?

No comments:

Post a Comment