For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal.
    ~2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Monday, February 9, 2015

Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking -- Does it work?

After reading BLINK: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking, I decided to put into practice what I learned.

Hubby and I went to Olive Garden for Valentine's Day. My usual MO is fret over what to order, choose, second guess choice, ask others what they are ordering, make order adjustments, second guess second choice, order, then have food envy all evening. 

Should I pick something cheap? 
Should I go healthy?
What about sharing a plate with hubby or one of the kids?

Last thing I want is to be the person who ordered the most expensive item . . . or the unhealthiest. Nor do I want to be the person who can't make up her mind. Or who orders last because she has to wait to see what everyone else is ordering.

I'm not advocating all decisions should be made in the blink of a moment (actually, two seconds), but many can be. Like what menu item to order. When I go with my immediate first choice, I'm pretty much satisfied. 

Or at least I have been since reading BLINK.

What book has made you change your thinking?


No comments:

Post a Comment