For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal.
    ~2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

How to Find Out Who I Am?

When College Boy was in 5th grade, at end of the school year, he brought home a writing folder filled with several pages of his writing from first to fifth grade. I just have to share some of what he wrote. Spelling or punctuation uncorrected.

June 12, 2002
Dear Reader,
I have learned many things in writing this year. I haved leared three parts of a story: a beginning, a middle, and an ending. I am a good writer. I can do lots of good senses {sentences}. I can do lots of wrting veary fast. We wrote lot of storys like toys summer. Wate {wait} you can just look at my stores instade {instead}.
Your student, Matthew Welborn

May 18, 2004
Dear Reader,
This year I have worked on my writing. Some areas in which I have improved as a writer are: I have gotten better at my cursive. I have learned new and better words. I have been writing longer stories. I know that I will continue to grow as a writer. Some things I would like to improve are: My printing I would like better and neater. I would love to write a longer paragraph. I would like to like writing.
Sincerely, Matthew

Give Colleg Boy props because many writers never honestly evaluate their own writing to see where they need to improve.

April 23, 2003
I am Matthew Welborn.
I wonder what will happen in the future.
I hear my thoughts and things around me.
I see what I see.
I want to have a great life.
I pretend to be everything.
I feel happy sometimes.
I touch things if I'm allowed to.
I worry about a lot of things.
I cry when I'm sad or hurt.
I understand how people feel.
I say a lot of good things.
I dream about the future and the past.
I try to do my best.
I hope I'm a youth minister.
I am full of joy.

At 9, College Boy was optimistic, literal, obedient, and tender-hearted. At 20, he is all those things still. What about you? What would you answer?  You don't have to share, so be honest with yourself.

I am _______________________.
I wonder _____________________.
I hear _______________________.
I see _______________________.
I want __________________________.
I pretend _______________________.
I feel ______________________.
I touch _____________________.
I worry ___________________.
I cry ______________________.
I understand _________________.
I say __________________.
I dream ________________.
I try ____________________.
I hope I am __________________.
I am ________________.



No comments:

Post a Comment