For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal.
    ~2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Monday, September 29, 2014

I'm Lost in Washington DC

I don't like driving. Never have. Why drive when could, instead, take a nap, read a book, take a nap, look at the scenery, take a nap, listen to the radio, or take a nap.

Yes, I'm a slumberer.

When we lived in Virginia, hubby would often fly out of Reagan National Airport. Usually he found a friend to help him with the drive to DC. One time he couldn't find a friend. That meant I had to drive--the trip home at least. I wasn't an happy camper. See note about slumberer. Call me crazy, but sleeping and driving don't mix well. 

Hubby's instructions were follow the road out of the airport (the one that says TO WASHINGTON) and stick to the one that runs along the Potomac. Eventually it'd take me to I395 which would take me to I95. Well, I followed as instructed until I realized I was going north, and Richmond is south. Thus I figured if I got off of 395 North, I could loopy around until I was going south.

Contrary to popular knowledge, Washington DC is not loopy. At least the roads aren't.

So after a nice sight-see of the White House, the National Mall, some lovely cherry blossoms, and the Washington Monument, I realized the solution to my crisis. Pray. Pray hard and fast and desperate, and it went something like this:

"God, I'm lost. You are all I've got. Give me a I395 road sign."

Poof. There one was a sign. Soon I was back on I395 going south. But then I kinda sorta took the exit ramp and got offer near the Springfield Mall. Not being someone who panics, I prayed:

"God, I could really use one of those big signs that is full of interstate road directions."

Considering I was practically surrounded by a spaghetti pile of interstate and beltway roads, I knew God knew what I was talking about. Poof. There was a sign.

We don't have to be wander-driving around Washington DC to know that without God WE ARE LOST. And with Him we have all we need to live an abundant life.

"For in Him [Jesus] dwells the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power." 
-Colossins 2:9-10

1 comment: